One of the most influential social media marketing tools out there on the web is Twitter. You can use Twitter to help you do so many different things. It inhabits a specific niche, and you must learn what to do in order to use it successfully. Keep reading in order to do just that, and use these ten Twitter tips for turning your website into a business machine.
1) When using Twitter, it's all about networking and gaining targeted followers to push out information concerning your business in a cunning way. You want to gain followers by giving them valuable information.
2) One way to do this is by using hash tags to get more attention from people. The hash tags are searchable and will cause your content to be displayed to more people. Popular hash tags can really make all the difference.
Twitter is a real time social media medium. If you want to be involved with this platform, you have to monitor and respond quickly. If you wait several days to reply to a tweet, you have lost your connection.
4) Make sure that you reply to those customers who do comment on your tweets. This is important because social media is all about interaction. Therefore, you want to make sure that you're interacting with the public.
5)You should always link up your social media accounts the best way you can. For instance, link your Twitter account to both your Facebook and your LinkedIn account. But understand this, people who frequent the different platform are looking for DIFFERENT types of content. Be sure to put unique content on each platform.
6) Be sure that you're holding contests and giveaways. Twitter parties are fun to have, and this will also gain you new followers. How? You can require them to follow you in order to be eligible for the contest or giveaway.
7) Not only do you need to respond to public tweets, but you need to respond to personal messages as best you can as well. You don't want to lose customers because of ignoring them.
8) Everything should not always be about business. Providing relevant content is enough to grab their attention and keep them coming in your direction. You don't always have to be trying to throw a product down their throat.
9) Remember that Twitter is a very personable form of interaction. It's still business as usual, but you have many freedoms available to you. Consider these freedoms, and use them to your advantage. Remember that the power of social media is that your customers will help you gain new customers.
Social media marketing presents a wonderful opportunity for your business when it comes to Twitter. One of the most powerful and influential social media sites, Twitter can help you keep in touch with your targeted customer base in a whole new way. Make sure you take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and remember the tips that have been provided to you.
About Us: Pinson Digital LLC, an Oregon based inbound marketing agency specializing in small to mid-sized companies looking for social media management services. He has been involved with marketing since 1993 and has worked with hundreds of clients, both small businesses and larger companies.